A Samsung phone user in France says her Galaxy J5 smartphone caught fire and exploded on Sunday. The model is different from the Galaxy Note 7 that has been recalled worldwide.

Lamya Bouyirdane told The Associated Press on Monday that she noticed the phone was very hot after she asked her four-year-old son to pass it over during a family gathering at her home.

She said she threw the phone away when she realized it had “swollen up” and smoke was coming out.

A French phone user says her Samsung Galaxy J5 exploded.

A French phone user says her Samsung Galaxy J5 exploded.

“I panicked when I saw the smoke and I had the reflex to throw it away,” said Bouyirdane, a mother of three in the southwestern French city of Pau.

 

Bouyirdane said she bought the phone new last June on a website offering discounts.

She said she will sue Samsung.

The South Korean company recently recalled millions of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones globally because of a problem that caused the batteries to overheat and catch fire.

Samsung did not immediately respond to an email from the AP seeking comments following the latest incident.

 

-Source