Gumboot day is back in Taihape on the 3rd of March!
Come to Taihape and spend a great fun filled family day out for just a gold coin donation/koha.
Lots of FREE activities starting at 10am and running until 4pm at Taihape’s Memorial Park (on Kokako Street).
- Gumboot throwing (duh)
- Egg throwing and catching
- Take a selfie with your gumboots competition
- Face painting
- Food and craft stalls
- Balloon twisting
- Activity tents for both adults and children including rock painting.
- A ‘wishing gumboot’ for future ideas
- Bouncy castles
- Shearing demonstrations
- A show by Ronald Mcdonald
- Free entry to the Taihape swimming centre
- Highly flammable will be join the festivities in the afternoon teaching children circus tricks for a whole bunch of fun!
Competitions prior to Gumboot Day:
- Decorate an A3-size Paper Gumboot, Judged Friday and announced via Facebook pages Taihape NZ and NZ Gumboot Day and displayed at Gumboot Day. For more information, follow this link.
- Taihape Pharmacy Photo Competition – Take a selfie with your gumboots. Check out our facebook page for more information and how to enter www.facebook.com/gumbootday. Prizes to be won!
- Paper Plus Colouring in Competition