Women’s fashion designer Kate Spade has been found dead in her New York apartment.
TMZ reports the 55-year-old was found on Tuesday morning (local time).
Spade, whose full name is Katherine Brosnahan, was best known for her accessory line, but also designed clothing, shows and jewellery.
Kate Spade still has hundreds of branches worldwide. Jack Spade has closed most of its physical locations but still produces a small number of goods.
In 2007, Kate and Andy sold the company to Liz Claiborne Inc. Spade started up a new line, Frances Valentine, in 2016 – named after her daughter, Frances Beatrix Spade.
Where to find help and support:
- Need to Talk? – Call or text 1737
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
- Youthline – 0800 376 633, text 234, email email@example.com or online chat
- Samaritans – 0800 726 666
- Depression Helpline – 0800 111 757
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)