McDonald’s is now handing out Roald Dahl’s entire collection with its Happy Meals.
The fast food chain will be dishing out 800,000 copies of the books with every kids meal purchased in New Zealand to encourage its young diners to read more.
“The Happy Meal Readers programme is all about helping parents to get their children to enjoy reading,” said the director of marketing at McDonald’s New Zealand, Jo Mitchell.
Over six weeks, Kiwis will be able to collect some of the author’s most popular titles one cheeseburger – or wrap – at a time.
Replacing the highly sought-after toy in the box, titles such as BFG, Lucky Charlie Bucket, Brave Little Sophie, Wonderful Willy Wonka, and Marvellous Miss Honey and Matilda, will all be available to collect.
Six-week schedule for book distribution
- January 24 – January 30: Fantabulous BFG
- January 31 – February 6: Amazing Matilda
- February 7 – February 13: Lucky Charlie Bucket
- February 14 – February 20: Brave Little Sophie
- February 21 – February 27: Wonderful Mr Willy Wonka
- February 28 – March 6: Marvellous Miss Honey
Image: Simon O’Connor / STUFF