The forecast for Happy Valley’s opening day this Saturday is gale force winds with a silver lining of SNOW. Mt Ruapehu are working hard to ensure Happy valley opens and clearer weather is expected for Sunday.
While the Sky Waka gondola is in its last stages of construction, the plaza area and carpark will have some equipment that will remain until late June. The platinum carpark remains unchanged from last year and there are five other carparks available for customers.
What’s set to open Queen’s birthday weekend (weather permitting):
- Customer Relations Ticket Offices in Taupō for ticket sales and Season/Life Pass pick up.
- Beginner carpet lift in Happy Valley with a small ski & ride trail.
- Happy Valley’s Rental facility for ski, snowboard and clothing hire.
- Two food and beverage options: Happy Valley Bistro and Lorenz’s Bar & Cafe (Top of Bruce Road).
- Ski & Ride School lessons to get you back on the snow in top form. Visit Customer Relations at the ticket office in the plaza to book.
- Vertical Retail shop at the Top of Bruce Rd with all the new season goods – clothing, helmets, gloves, goggles & more.
- Ski & Snowboard workshop at the Top of Bruce Rd – to fit customers who have bought Season Rentals for 2019.
Park & Ride transport will start operating later in June. The Ruapehu events calendar is filling up with a fun and exciting line up. From the FREE Mini X Games and the Winterfest Christmas Feast at the Snow at Whakapapa to the Rail Jam and Slopestyle Mini Shred at Tūroa, you’ll want to be here for the fun & games!
Check out the events page, RSVP on Facebook and invite your mates!
Images: Mt Ruapehu website