Breakfast Host – Full time
Join Ski Brekkys to host our regional wide breakfast show across the central North Island – from Taupo to Whanganui including all of the Ruapehu and nearby environs – and also on iHeart Radio. Build a profile, create engagement with listeners, develop angles to seize the moment and reflect current trends and topicality that is relevant to our audience. Capture news highlights and draw from life experience to create an engaging, informative and entertaining show with wide parameters.
About the role
- Prepare and perform a live-to-air morning show and at time some voice tracked shifts with a fun, talented co-host
- Assist with promotional activity and participate in events, functions, outside broadcasts and other activities including MC duties
- An interest or experience in events, promotions and marketing – especially social media platforms and website content
- Work both autonomously and as part of a close-knit team
- Create and maintain relationships with clients to ensure campaigns deliver all objectives and get results
- Helping to ensure the brand is operating at its peak and winning every day!
- On air experience
- Proactive and reactive creative thinker
- Events hosting/MC experience
- Inspired to build an on-air profile
- Positive, collaborative approach
- Motivated to host to an amazing breakfast show with a kick-ass co-host
- Well-presented, friendly, energetic and a good brand ambassador – you will be one of the faces of our brands
- Excellent planning and organisation skills including an eye for detail and time management skills
- High level of phone and social media acumen to be able to banter with listeners and liaise with clients alike
- Strong, professional communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive work ethic with a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Experience with audio editing software
- Ability to confidently design and execute proposals and post analyses
- Actions feedback and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Join NZ’s only central North Island wide Breakfast Show and the North Islands largest mainstream commercial independent
- Studios right in the heart of an adventure playground
- Supportive, passionate team where we value fun, diversity and loyalty
- Ongoing career development supported by one of the best on air hosts in NZ radio history
- Opportunity to participate in local events and experience in all areas of radio
- A stepping stone for your future endeavours
Bring your skills, genius, and energy along on our journey. Vacancy close date may be subject to change, so don’t muck around and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Send your cover letter, CV and audio demonstrator or any other accompanied material by close of business 31 March 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aim High– We set big goals and work together to achieve them.
- Own It – We take personal responsibility for our actions and have a solutions mindset.
- Be Your Best Self – We create the environment we need to thrive.
- Make a Difference – We look for every opportunity to improve and we seek out diverse perspectives to help us achieve that.