Want to work with us?
Posted 28 Sept, 2020
We are looking for a up-and-coming rock star to join our team. Ski is a regional network that connects with our audience – a reach of almost 100,000 people. We are a FUN, dynamic, busy and active crew, that is one of the only Top 40 station format independents in the country. If your goals include getting to The Edge, ZM or More FM then this could be your pathway!
Ski’s audience includes a huge number of domestic visitors to our regions, so if you think this is a ‘small town gig, talking to small town locals’ you’d be wrong! Our domestic visitor numbers are HUGE and you’d need to relate to and connect with Aucklanders and Wellingtonians who stay and play in our broadcast areas.
So if this sounds like you, come and live in Auckland and Wellington’s all year-round adventure playground (Summer is busier than Winter!) and have a great time while busting out some killer radio!
You will need to
– Prepare and present a prime-time entertaining show that’s engaging and relevant
– Have confidence working in front of a crowd and MC-ing public events and promos
– Assist with digital and socials
– Be a positive player in a tight-knit, multi-functional, solutions orientated team
If you’re not afraid of working smart and hard and have at least 6 months commercial experience on-air then we need to hear from you now. Ski’s ‘FM footprint’ includes Taupo, Ruapehu, Whanganui and all those areas in between so knowledge of the central North Island would be advantageous. You’d also be rocking out on the iHeart Radio platform.
What we offer
– Competitive pay/package
– An opportunity for professional growth and an on-air career path including one-on-one development and training with Stables (ex The Edge and ZM)
– A focused and collaborative work environment
– A workplace that likes a good laugh that isn’t too PC
This position will need be filled ASAP with an immediate start. It is Ruapehu based.
Show us what you’ve got and email the following before Oct 10th;
- Audio demonstrator (include an on air shift, commercials and any cross-overs/phone-in’s and even a video or digital package you may have produced)
- Full CV and industry referees
to Danni Jones (Operations Manager) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to call if you have any further questions 07 3765520