The Taupo testing centre is on Miro St, 9am – 4pm 7 days a week
The Rotorua testing centre is on Vaughn street 9am – 4pm 7 days a week
A pop up testing centre is at Rotorua International events centre 9am – 4pm 7 days a week
Turangi also has a testing centre at the Turangi health centre 10am til noon, in the carpark opposite the Turangi police station
Like most of New Zealand, people in the Lakes DHB area are now at Alert Level 2. The key messages for Alert Level 2 are:
• keep your distance from other people in public
• wash your hands
• sneeze and cough into your elbow
• keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
• wear a mask if you can.
If you’re unwell
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested, or go along to the testing centres.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately
Taupo/Turangi use Taupo Civil Defence’s number – 0800 800 405 or 07 376 0803
And if you’re feeling lonely, anxious, or just need someone to talk to, free-call or txt, 1737 to talk to a trained counsellor, at anytime of day or night.